“Just keep learning and enhance your curiousity for the world around you” — Karime Diaz
There is a fallacy out there that you can’t study abroad if you’re a student athlete. Karime Diaz, once a member of the Kean University Women’s Lacrosse team didn’t buy into this notion and talks about how she set up an eight week internship in Barcelona with CEA.
Karime did great in this interview describing her time in Barcelona, Spain, and eventually Italy. She goes into great detail about how she was able to set up her living arrangement and internship with CEA.
“Don’t let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game” — A Cinderella Story
- Setting up her trip and internship after athletics 🥍 [2:15]
- The details of Karime’s internship at The Connector 👩🏻💻 [4:47]
- Obtaining financial aid with CEA 💸 [10:48]
- Karime’s living situation and how she was able to live like a local 🏘 [11:50]
- What living in a different country did for Karime’s perspective on the world 🧐 [14:59]
- Karime’s advice to someone thinking about studying abroad 🙌 [16:22]
- Karime shares a funny travel story 😄 [17:48]
- Having one extra day in the week and traveling to Rome 🏟 [19:19}
- Spanish food 🍲 [20:46]
- 13 Little Blue Envelopes and Youtube 📺 [22:45]
- Becoming an alumni ambassador 👩🏻🏫 [24:51]