“You have to take risks, he said. We will only understand the miracle of life fully when we allow the unexpected to happen” — Paulo Coehlo
Andrea Vazquez is a Junior at Soka University, and they do something at there that I think every college should do; they make studying abroad a requirement.
An international studies major, and French language learner, Andrea is living in Aix-en-Provence, France with a host mother that she adores and attending Ax Marseille University.
This interview is great not just if you’re thinking about France or language learning in general, but if you are interested in applying for scholarship and grant money.
- Deciding to study abroad in France [1:52]
- Studying abroad with CEA [3:22]
- Receiving a FULL SCHOLARSHIP to study abroad [4:20]
- Fears and doubts prior to leaving [5:50]
- Living with a host family [7:24]
- Soka University [11:05]
- Ax Marseille University [13:26]
- Taking french classes [15:59]
- Exploring the rest of France [17:50]
- Andrea tells us about the French food [22:09]
- Finding wine everywhere [23:28]
- WeGo to Paris [24:55]
- Andrea’s advice: save! [26:45]
- Happify [28:43]
- Final thoughts [30:58]