“I challenge you to think of a way that in 10 years you will look back and think studying abroad was a bad decision.” — David Carlton
David Carlton got three credits in one month. How did he do that? He studied abroad and took advantage of the plethora of options available to students at Ohio State. I’m sure your school has similar options to this, just talk with your advisor and I’m sure you can figure something out.
This turned out to be perfect for David because he wanted to do an internship in the summer and didn’t know if he was ready to study abroad for an entire semester (more on this later).
He ended up having a great time and, like everyone who comes on the podcast, he recommends studying abroad to any and every college student as evidenced in his quote above.
David liked his trip so much that he is planning a second trip to Spain for an entire semester. I haven’t talked about this very much on the website, but it seems to be an obvious benefit of going early on in your college career.
- France and Morocco pre departure and timing (it’s everything) [1:35]
- Applying for scholarships [3:14]
- Fear of not being able to speak the language [3:57]
- Trip costs and wrapping received credit into a one month period [4:53]
- Living arrangements on the road with the Buckeyes [6:26]
- David’s favorite part of the trip [8:18]
- What David’s coursework looked like during this month [8:52]
- Planning a second study abroad trip [10:05]
- David’s advice if you’re thinking about studying abroad [11:18]