“When I have kids, it is literally going to be mandatory for them to study abroad.” — Luke Bambrick
“A once in a lifetime opportunity within a once in a lifetime opportunity” is how I’d describe the start of Luke Bambrick’s summer trip to London. Why? Because he was actually able to attend the Prince Harry and Meghan Markel’s wedding festivities.
Luke approaches the interview with optimism, it’s one of those shows that makes you just want to get up and go…
Luke teaches us about life in London, tracking down family in Europe (something that other Study Abroadcast guests have done as well), and exploring exploring other countries on the weekends.
“Life is a book, and those who don’t travel read only one chapter.” – St Augustine
“Travel is never a matter of money, but of courage.” – Paulo Coelho
- Choosing to study abroad in London [1:24]
- Having travel costs covered by CIEE scholarships 💸 [3:44]
- Crashing the royal wedding 👰 [5:46]
- Academic life for a summer in London 🇬🇧 [10:08]
- The ease of weekend travel around the EU 🚅 [13:20]
- Exploring family roots in Belgium 🇧🇪 [14:32]
- The perks of traveling solo 🧳 [16:04]
- Eating local at outdoor markets 🥝 [18:18]
- Kind people around the world 👫[20:36]
- Drew Binsky, Hostelworld and advice 🙌 [23:00]
- The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch
Did you know Luke is also a filmmaker 🎥? His latest work is embedded below👇. Go Luke!